SpotXchange launched a twitter feed today for SpotXchange publishers called SpotX4Pubs located at http://twitter.com/SpotX4Pubs. SpotXchange is suggesting active and prospective publishers to follow SpotX4Pubs so as to receive updates about inventory requests (domestic and international), product releases, and network advisories. Sign up today and be in the know!
Archive for the ‘Product Updates’ category
We just completed some new functionality that will enhance your visibility among advertisers in our network and allow you to provide additional information about the specific advertising opportunities your properties offer.
You will notice these enhancements when you create a new channel or edit your existing channels.
- Media Kit – You can now upload a media kit—advertisers will have direct access to this document to help them make more informed decisions about your offering.
- Channel Image – You may likewise upload a thumbnail logo that will be used to graphically represent your properties in the SpotXchange marketplace.
- Enhanced Demographics – We have made the demographic profiles more comprehensive for advertisers. Publishers can now provide detailed demographic information about their audience, and designate which 3rd party measurement service (e.g. – comScore, Quantcast, etc.) provided the information. While this field remains optional, you are encouraged to complete it to the extent that you have user demographic data available—we have found that advertisers frequently turn to this type of information to guide their purchasing decisions.
- Ad Filters – There are several new content filters that you can apply to your channels to exclude additional unwanted ad categories: sweepstakes, religion, land based casinos and dietary supplements.
- InStream Ad Slot Position – To further help advertisers target their campaigns, you may now specify if you are showing instream ads in “pre”, “mid”, “post”, or multiple positions.
- InGame Ads – We have separated “casual gaming” advertising opportunities out into a distinct ad type, to better call attention to this growing niche in our marketplace. If you are a casual game publisher or network, you will want to update your profile to reflect that your channels represent casual gaming opportunities.
- InnerStream Ads – Publishers can now apply to serve our new overlay ad, called InnerStream, that we plan to launch later this year. Stay tuned.
- Network Bids – Finally, you are now able to set minimum CPM limits to ads targeted across network, separately from the minimum CPM you set for ads targeted specifically to your channels. By way of example, while you might want a $10 CPM minimum for ads specifically targeting your SpotXchange channels, you may be willing to accept an ad targeted to Wisconsin that runs across our network, at a CPM of only $5. This lower value ad would only be shown to your users from Wisconsin.
I encourage you to login and update all these new fields in your channel profiles at your earliest opportunity. Feel free to ping me if you have any questions. Doug@booyahnetworks.com
The engineering team at SpotXchange is always striving to improve our network’s ability to help advertisers manage their online campaigns, while helping publishers maximize their revenue opportunities. We pushed a significant amount of new code recently that should result in some noticeable improvements in both our self-service advertiser tools as well as our self-service publisher tools.The most apparent improvement advertisers will notice in the online tools is increased speed and response, particularly while searching our marketplace for appropriate advertising opportunities. As the number of publishers and channels in our marketplace has grown, backend systems have had to sift thru ever greater volumes of data to help advertisers find opportunities relevant to their needs. The new code makes these processes run more quickly.
We likewise made some improvements to the UI to make the tools easier to navigate and browse, and to allow the advertiser to display their online campaign data the way they want to see it.
The publisher tools have likewise been improved. There is a new 7 day rolling report that provides a performance snapshot of the most recent 7 day calendar. The addition of sortable columns makes it easier for publishers to see relevant statistics about their channels, and should be particularly welcomed by some of our larger publishers who may have dozens of individual channels in our marketplace.
On the backside, we have completed the work that will allow us to provide white label advertiser and publisher platforms, and hope to launch our first white label network next month.